Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The (anti) iPhone Dream


Okay, so this is way before I became besotted with a BlackBerry, so offence to no one in particular. Generally...? May be. It's basically a self-derogatory dream, if anything.

So I am at a U2 concert in my city. Now that's surprising enough (yes, my dreams surprise me, to say the least) because as much as I love (and I really love) U2, I haven't really wanted to go to their concert. I guess it kills the whole "personal" space that one enjoys with the artist's creation. You're more likely to connect at a deeply personal level with a certain artist when you're heartbroken, staring at a sunset or jogging alone at 4 AM rather than scream and shout in a concert or steal some memento backstage of your favourite artist or their Managers. So no such desires for me to really attend a concert... but in my dream, I am there, all right. 

And suddenly am standing in a long queue. Adam Clayton (now I had to practically Google him out to really know he was the one; blogging is a big responsibility) is personally signing autographs, memorabilia, souvenirs, under garments, etc. and I am in that queue. Apparently lost, because in my waking life I'd never stand in a queue for a celebrity. Part vanity, part boredom, I guess.  So it's my turn... and he sees me and says, "So! It's you... You're a real big fan."

Real big fan? You kidding me?? I LOVE YOU GUYS! I know all of your songs by heart and the history behind each of them! I first heard you a decade back and I never get tired of listening to you guys. I've listened to each song like a thousand times! I would love to go to dinner with you guys, or just Bono and Jackie Chan and Denzel Washington, or all of you at once! Awesome videos! Loved the way that airplane went over you guys and you were just jammin' like there's no tomorrow in the 'Beautiful Day' video. That was so cool! You guys are so dedicated to your craft. I love you guys! And I say, "Yes, I am."

He pulls out his swanky iPhone and places it in my hand. "Punch in your number," he says.

I take a nice long look at the iPhone.................. and give it back to him. "Nevermind."

*
Note from the author: This dream really disturbed me.

2 comments:

  1. i remember this very clearly, now that you are becoming tech savvy (read nerd) your dream will change for sure one day :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D haha.. Don't go spilling my secret identity (of being a Nerd) on my blog, buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete