Saturday, January 8, 2011

To Love/ Affirmation

This is my first post for 2011. And I am happy to dedicate it to the people I deeply care about: my closest darling, the whirlwind of a woman and the comfort of a deep, twinkling light, Jasmine; my best friend with whom I have the comfort of fighting and smiling, soon after :D, DC; the quiet yet intense friend, and my reminder of the best of my life and my own self, Deepak Nagar; and the cutest couple in town, my geeky nerdy  (raised to the power of n, where n = infinity) friend, Atul and his Prajakta.


And most importantly, here's a toast to my beautiful cousin (not related by birth, though) Meghna and her fiance to be, Subodh; Utpal, Nirzari and their kiddo, Dev.


Utpal is an old, old friend, and like old wine, our friendship, too seems to age better. I was happy to meet Nirzari, his ever smiling, and strikingly beautiful wife. I had a great time shopping with her for earrings at Colaba. I cherish such moments of girl-bonding. It's better than a date, anyday. And with the arrival of Dev, they make a perfect family. Touchwood.


This world can seem like a dark, forsaken place, more often than not: mistakes are committed, fallacies of people and even beloved ones not forgotten and worse, not forgiven. It takes little to dampen the human spirit. Very few people can look back at themselves and smile. Smile at their own mistakes, acknowledge the hurt they have caused others, and their own self. Some people said the hardest thing was to forgive one's own self. 


And of course, there's the curse of The Human Condition.


In times like these, I am happy to be overjoyed with the beautiful, and by far the most important achievement of my near and dear ones. They make this beautiful world, a little more beautiful place.... they add a little extra sparkle to sunshine, re-affirming all our hearts with the mystery of our fates, destinies, gods or Powers That Be... and that we are safe placing our trust in their plans, and most importantly, in our own selves.


This is a time of joy, and of love. Of our own very personal brand of Sunshine.


And this is also the time where I try not to use too many "and"s.


Dedicated also to my oldest friend, Manish Rajani, who gives nostalgia a whole new world of meaning and pain; Rahul Valia, a person who can make a sad day seem the funniest of my life, and Juice a.k.a. Jyotsna Pathak, a very beautiful woman, wonderful human being and my sparkling friend who deserves the best.

1 comment: