Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fear


Morning wakes up
Beautiful, as always, but my dream goes…
I tie laces together for a race that never stops

Afternoon rises
Swells and bloats
Nothing better to win, no matter what the costs

Evening drops
The sunset into the lap of a trembling sea
I return to a shelter, plotting for tomorrow’s race, my place to be

Former soul
Stops talking to me, and I come to like the silence
So close to something, I understand the distance to everything else

In between
The decay shows up
I try to look somewhere else, a blindness I embrace

Because I fear
I still have so much to lose
In this lonely place, in this falling and failing world

7 comments:

  1. Lovely poem. The feelings have come right from core of the heart. In fact life has become so fast, unless you march in step there is always a fear to lose in this, (as you said) falling and failing world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its lyk 1 is sitting at 1 edge of a sea and can even see wat happening at another end
    u've wonderfully pasted sun & moon on the coin...
    lovely - karan

    ReplyDelete
  3. yet you need the courage to gain all the scars that life bestows upon your soul and you will realize it oozes with sanctity...

    ReplyDelete
  4. the cycle of time you wrote about is so distant from Nature's circle of life that reading it did give me a chill. I started to wonder if fear is as universal in human breast as hope and then I tried to read between the lines. When read along with listening to the U2 song that you also uploaded, I realise that it is okay to be afraid because tomorrow is another day and with the rising sun the morning bird's song of hope one can hear only if one closes the eyes and listen for it. then dream can linger and with whatever passage of time, one finds that in spite of the fear and loneliness and the 'falling and failing world' there is nothing vital and sacred inside the soul that one loses. Even if the former soul slips into silence, it's only concealed within while being filled with wisdom.

    Curiously, while reading this one, My mind went back to the Rush song:

    And if the music stops
    There's only the sound of the rain
    All the hope and glory
    All the sacrifice in vain
    (And) If love remains
    Though everything is lost
    We will pay the price
    But we will not count the cost

    ReplyDelete
  5. very well crafted Words..touch the ethics of life :)

    ReplyDelete