Monday, September 6, 2010

Vantage Points

The vantage points of a life.
Was reading a book yesterday that inherently highlighted that destiny is the ultimate thing/ entity. If we win or lose, it is our destiny. If we did something bad in our lives, it was destiny that made us do it.

Last weekend, as me and my family stopped at a place to have some tea, I saw a very old woman sitting at the footsteps of the small restaurant, having the last of her biscuit dipped in tea. And there was no tea in her plastic cup. Yet, she was trying hard to have any drop of the tea cling to her remaining biscuit just to make it softer to chew. And there were stray dogs, encroaching on her breakfast.

We ordered breakfast and tea for her too. She wrapped the "breakfast" and may be it was saved for lunch.

Dad said that feeding the hungry and giving water to the thirsty, is the biggest dharma of all. He said that if God chose your body for a good deed you should be happy. And that made me wonder, if God could also choose my body for a bad deed. So all the mistakes and errors and bad experiences in my life were meant to be. A perspective could make me bitter; else I could just see how much I have learned.

But no matter what vantage point you are at, that look of innocence in your eyes, is always passing by as you pass every single day. Our faces and eyes keep getting darker. We think we are "maturing" and becoming "wiser".

Trusting cautiously may be an intelligent move, but it does something to you. Makes you scared a little and bitter somewhere within. Forgiveness doesn't come easy.

Very few faces retain that look of laughter, a look of innocence -- and to me, that is the most beautiful face.

A man will rise, a man will fall
On the sheer face of love
Like a fly on the Wall
- "The Fly"

No comments:

Post a Comment