Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Unromantic Me

I can't do dinners.


If am eating, then it's imperative for me to watch movies, or read something - even if it's the most boring and uninteresting account of anything. I can't eat with family or friends or anyone on the dining table, talking. I just get bored. Even with family, I get a book along for dinner. Wonder what P.G. Wodehouse would have to say about that. That's the only way I can enjoy food. In fact if I was sitting with my Mum on the dining table, it would be an awkward moment. 


When friends - especially males - say let's have dinner, I avoid it. I can't get past the starters or soup for the life of me. 


For meeting friends, or bonding over months, the best thing to do is watch movies. That's a well spent, well utilized evening to me.


The idea of having a romantic, candle-light dinner, is definitely appealing to me, as is for every girl, but... I don't think I can sail through it. The best thing for me and Alexander to do would be to watch a film, together.... finish it in, say, 6 hours or so ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment